Scratch is free visual programming language. You will learn how to create your own interactive stories, amazing games, animated images and songs in just minutes with a simple ‘drag and drop’ interface. No programming knowledge needed. You can also share your creations with others in the online community.
Scratch helps you to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively. This course is suitable for all ages. It doesn’t matter how old you are… So Get Ready for Exciting Journey in the World of SCRATCH…!!!https://scratch.mit.edu/
Why take Admission?
Scratch’s networking infrastructure, coupled with its multilingual capabilities, enables youth to share their digital-arts creations with other youth across geographic, language, and cultural boundaries.
The skills learnt through Scratch can be applied to other basic programming languages like Python and Java.
Scratch flexibility allows teachers to create conceptual and visual lessons and science lab assignments. Within the social sciences, instructors can create quizzes, games and tutorials that stimulate the mind and interact with the learner.
Certification & Important Dates
- MKCL provides certificate to the KLiC learner after his/her successful course completion.
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Date(s) of Application and Fee Payment by Learner: 1st – 30th day of each calendar month
- Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: 1st – 30th day of each calendar month
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner Login: Date of admission confirmation
The course focuses on practical knowledge and application. The aim is to make the learner efficient and to offer him or her rewarding career.
- The participants get the Overview of the course, use of tools and their application in real life
- He or She learns about available career opportunities, roles to be performed at the workplace
- Learner gets to know various parts, functions and inter relations of the tool
- At the Beginner Level, the learner knows the Simple Application Development Technology
- Encourage him or her to develop integral skills required to make them job-ready
Skills: Computational skills and programming concepts (like sequences, iteration, conditionals, variables, and data structures), problem-solving, project-design skills like reasoning logically, debugging problems, developing ideas from primary concepts to final completed project, and concentration & focus.
Outputs: Creating Animations, Interactive Stories, Games, Shooting Game, Aquarium, Dancing Queen, Greeting Card, Whirling Crab
- What are Visual Editors?
- Introduction to Scratch
- The Scratch User Interface
Let’s Start Scratching
- Dancing is also a Program!
- Some Steps Further
- Case Study – Aquarium
- Planning a Project
- Creating an Interactive Project
- Case Study – Greeting card
- Performing Scripts
- Build a Band
- Pink Circle, Blue Square
- Animation Projects
- Case Study – Colorful Parrot
- Conversations and Scenes
- Case Study – Dancing Queen
- Creature Creation
- Case Study – Dialogue
- Starter Games
- Scores and timing
- Case Study – Creating Your Own Sprite
- Case Study – Whirling Crab
- Video Sensing
- Case Study – Emotions
- Case Study – Electrical Circuit
- Setting up a Scratch Account
- Creating an Online Project
- Exploring Online Projects
- Scratch Studios
Evaluation Pattern of KLiC Courses consists of 4 Sections as per below table:
MKCL’s KLiC Certificate will be provided to the learner who will satisfy the below criteria:
- Learners who have successfully completed above mentioned 3 Sections i.e. Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3
- Additionally, learner should have completed Section 4 (i.e. Section 4 will comprise of SUPWs i.e. Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
- Learner has to complete and upload minimum 2 out of 5 Assignments