Who is an IT Network Support Technician ?
In simple words, IT Network Support Technician is the one who troubleshoots, monitors, maintains the Internet and Intranet connectivity also he/she can monitor and maintain the uptime of various types of Networking Devices such as Routers, Switches, and Hubs.https://www.fieldengineer.com/skills/network-support-technician
What does an IT Network Support Technician do?
Using Basic Troubleshooting skills, he/she can identify diagnose and resolve the Basic IT network related problems. He/She can do primary level of fault finding and take necessary actions for IT network related issues. He/She can also perform tasks like assigning IP addresses, monitoring network uptime, crimping of LAN cables, configuring and maintaining Wi-Fi network.
Why take Admission?
An IT Network support technician can work with companies / enterprises having an IT infrastructure including Routers and Switches and Internet connectivity or the companies who are providing Networking devices sales and support. He/She can do a job or can work as an IT Hardware Support Consultant. A fresher can draw up to Rs. 100,000/- p.a.
In any typical industry enterprise having even a basic IT Infrastructure including desktops and laptops, he/she would work with a team of such more hardware and network support technicians who would guide them. He/She can further pursue to become a System Engineer or a System administrator as per his/her liking and abilities.
An IT Hardware Support Technician uses tools like IT Helpdesk, hardware monitors, and multi-meters for providing hardware support. Knowledge of few other tools like memtest86, CPUID (open source system hardware monitoring tool), and few similar open source tools can be beneficial for an IT Hardware Support Technician.
Certification & Important Dates
- KLiC courses are recognised by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).
- MKCL provides certificate to the KLiC learner after his/her successful course completion.
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) provides mark sheet to successfully passed KLiC learners (Jurisdiction: Maharashtra).
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Date(s) of Application and Fee Payment by Learner: 1st – 30th day of each calendar month
- Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: 1st – 30th day of each calendar month
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner Login: Date of admission confirmation
The course focuses on practical knowledge and application. The aim is to make the learner efficient and to offer him or her rewarding career.
- The participants get the Overview of the course, use of tools and their application in real life
- He or She learns about available career opportunities, roles to be performed at the workplace
- Learner gets to know various parts, functions and inter relations of the tool
- At the Beginner Level, the learner knows the Simple Application Development Technology
- Encourage him or her to develop integral skills required to make them job-ready
KLiC Certificate in IT Network Support
Skills: Basics of Networking, Network Cabling, Basics of IP addressing, Configuring DHCP for Small Network, Troubleshooting of Networks, Configuring Wi-Fi Network
Tools: IT helpdesk, Network monitoring tools, LAN testers, Command line tools, Open source subnet calculators, Network packet analyzers
- Basics of Networking
- OSI Model
- TCP/IP Model
- Reference Link 1
- OSI/TCP Model
- Reference Link
- Network Cabling
- Internet Connectivity Types
- Basics of IP addressing
- Classes of IP addresses
- Difference Between Static and Dynamic IPs
- Configuring DHCP for Small Network
- Network Ports
- Overview of DNS
- WINS vs DNS
- MAC Address Formats
- Troubleshooting of Networks
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Configuring Wi-Fi Network
- Wireless Standards
Evaluation Pattern of KLiC Courses consists of 4 Sections as per below table:
YCMOU Mark Sheet:Printed Mark Sheet will be issued by YCMOU on successful completion of Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 and will be delivered to the learner by MKCL.
YCMOU Mark Sheet will be available only for Maharashtra jurisdiction learners
MKCL’s KLiC Certificate will be provided to the learner who will satisfy the below criteria:
- Learners who have successfully completed above mentioned 3 Sections i.e. Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3
- Additionally, learner should have completed Section 4 (i.e. Section 4 will comprise of SUPWs i.e. Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
- Learner has to complete and upload minimum 2 out of 5 Assignments