- Retail Management is becoming a leader in service sector but the knowledge that is required for the employees as well as the entrepreneurs is always being a question. How one store gains more business and the other shuts down? Why one employee of the store has more salary then the other? Does it happen because of knowledge gap or skill gap?
- Retail Management course will give you knowledge about the various things that has to be taken in note when you work in retail store of any level whether it is a departmental store or a huge shopping mall.
- The specialty of this course is that, by doing it you can work in a store or you get enough knowledge to start your own store.
- Retail Management industry in India is undoubtingly one of the fastest growing retail industry in the world. The retail industry includes shopping centers to malls to huge complexes with shopping, entertainment and food all under one roof.
It is because of this combination that the retail industry is expanding into many new hypermarkets, supermarkets, departmental stores. This course also gives experiences of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) applications in Retail sector, which is a next step in future of retail all over the world.
What will you learn?
- The upcoming trends in the retail business
- The structure of old and new retail market business
- Various opportunities in retail sector
- Various Government policies to support your business
- Taking your existing retail business ahead with online retailing
Retail Management course is recognized by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) and MKCL. YCMOU will provide the Mark Sheet and MKCL will provide the Expert Certificate subject to fulfilment of requisite criteria. Expert certificate is provided as the appreciation of additional work for the said course in form of mini-projects.
- Introduction to Retail
- Key terminologies used in Retail
- Types of Retail Outlets
- Financial Aspects
- Legal Aspects
- Retail Mechanism
- Consumer Behaviour and Expectation
- Communication in Retail
- Handling Difficult Customer
- Category Management
- Pricing in Retail
- Store Operations
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Marketing
- Multi-channel Retailing
- Challenges in Retail
- Factors to consider before buying a franchise
- Hiring & Managing of Human Resource
- Customer Retention
- Technologies in Retail
- Trends in Retail
- Case Studies
Case Studies and Interviews
Retail Management course contains case studies based on practical situations occuring in the day to day retail business. The case studies are based on the following retail business:-
- Big Bazaar
We have also included personal interviews of successful retailers narrating their journey in the world of retail.
- Evaluation Pattern: Total 100 Marks
- Passing Criterion: Separate passing in Sections 1, 2 and 3 by scoring at least 40% marks in each section i.e. minimum 10 marks in Section 1 & 2 and minimum 20 marks in Section 3. So total minimum marks required is 40.
- YCMOU Mark Sheet: Printed Mark Sheet will be issued by YCMOU on successful completion of Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 and will be delivered to the learner by MKCL.